Here is what we put in them, first in pictures and then the recipe follows.
|Mushrooms in Mexican Spice Mix and Roasted Sweet Potato Strips.|
|A smudge of Tomato Salsa and creamy Avocado.|
|Baby Spinach leaves and Rocket, topped with the mushrooms and sweet potato.|
|Rolled and ready to eat (I had two of these and dear husband had 3).|
1 teaspoon each of:
- Ground Chilli
- Smoked Paprika
- Salt (or powdered vegetable stock)
- Castor Sugar
½ teaspoon each of:
- Ground Cumin
- Cayenne Pepper
Olive oil for cooking
1 large (or 2 small) sweet potatoes (That is Kumera for the Kiwis).
4 large field mushrooms
1 small onion, sliced.
1 clove of garlic, crushed
Salad greens (baby spinach leaves and rocket works really well)
1 small avocado - mashed
Salsa (I used salsa from a jar last night to save time but if you are not as lazy as me you could make your own).
4-6 Tortillas (Wraps)
1. Preheat oven to 180oC.
2. Cut sweet potato into halves or thirds, and then into wedges. Place in baking tray. Drizzle generously with olive oil and toss. Bake for 45+ minutes depending on how caramalized you like your roast veggies.
3. Combine all the spice mix ingredients in a plastic bag (eg freezer bag) and toss. You can use more or less chilli and cayenne pepper depending on how hot you like your Mexican food.
4. Slice mushrooms into strips (not too thin). Put in the bag with the spice mix and toss gently until all the strips are well coated.
5. When your sweet potatoes are nearly done, saute the onions in a little olive oil. Add mushrooms and garlic and fry over a medium heat until the mushrooms are well done.
6. Assemble the fajitas as show in the photos above and enjoy!!