Thursday, May 5, 2011

Sassy Shortbread Cookies with Nephews.

Two of my adorable nephews came to stay for a sleep over.  So of course we baked!  We always bake with Aunty Mandy - the difference this time is that it was vegan baking.

With a 6 and 7 year old at work I did not think it would be a good idea to experiment with a recipe of my own designing so we used this one: Sassy Shortbread Cookies.  However we did find that we needed to add a some extra flour (about half a cup) to make it into a workable consistency for little fingers.

I am not sure what is meant by "not tub margarine" in the recipe, but I used half of a tub (i.e. 250gm) of Nuttelex light and it seemed to work just fine.  Although come to think of it, maybe that is why we needed the extra flour.

Here is some photos of our fun afternoon.  My kitchen looked like a disaster zone by the time we finished, with sticky finger prints everywhere.  But it was definitely worth it!

The kitchen is still pretty clean at this stage.




Let the mess making begin!
That's just how I roll...
Zach: "I am just like a real chef!"
Ready to go into the oven.  I love Sam's skater complete
with knee pads, and Zach's shooting star.

Getting creative with icing and sprinkles.
The finished product.  We are so proud of ourselves!
Yum!
Cheers to a job well done!

No comments: