Sunday, October 9, 2011

Vegan Solidarity

I am enjoying checking out lots of vegan blogs that are taking part in Vegan MoFo.  I open the blogroll on veganmofo.com and then randomly click on a bunch of blogs with interesting sounding names.  I have come across all sorts of interesting people and yummy recipes.

In day to day life it is easy to feel like an odd ball for your diet choices.  So it is really nice to be reminded that you are not alone.  There are so many vegans out there.  From many walks of life and with many different motivations for choosing a vegan diet and lifestyle.  It is very encouraging to a vegan apprentice to encounter all these wonderful vegans and, of course, their mouth watering recipes.

I am also very grateful to have lovely friends who are vegetarian and are very vegan friendly.  And who have shown an interest in my apprenticeship, loaned me vegan cookbooks and encouraged me in blogging about it.  Thanks!

Girl Swinging - Thank You Graphic
Glitters123.com
That's me on the swing.  See how happy I am?
And I am also very grateful for dear husband.  He lead the way to vegetarianism many years ago.  And now he is being so supportive of my vegan apprenticeship.  He has applauded all my efforts and encouraged me to stick with it and keep blogging.  And he helps me with technical computer stuff when I get stuck.

Little Girl Showing Love
Glitters123.com 
Yes that's me too, in my rainbow outfit.  So photogenic.
Sure I get some good natured teasing at family get-togethers (that is what brothers are for isn't it?).  But overall family, friends and work colleagues have shown only the occasional eyebrow raise and have for the most part been supportive.  In return I am trying not to be a militant vegan and respect others food choices.  But that doesn't mean I can't make yummy things to share to show that being vegan is not all about eating rabbit food!

No that's not me.  It is a winking lego head.

No comments: