Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Day 19 - Red Lentil Cauliflower Curry

Last nights dinner was made from a recipe in Veganomicon.  Such a great recipe book!  So grateful to my friend for leaving her vegan books with me while she is on the other side of the world.

Red Lentil Cauliflower Curry. 
This was not difficult to make.  The only changes I made to the recipe was to leave out the 1.5 teaspoons of salt and add 2 cloves of garlic (we like garlic).  The recipe says "Partially cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, until the cauliflower is tender but not completely falling apart."  And then you turn the heat off and let it stand for 15 minutes with the lid on.  Unfortunately by that time my cauliflower was starting to fall apart so next time I will be turn the heat off a little earlier.

The recipe is not on the Post Punk Kitchen web site.  Isa and Terry are very generous with putting their recipes on line, but we can't expect them all to be there I guess.  Someone has submitted a version of the recipe here on Spark Recipes if you want to try it.  If you leave out the carrot and use a large parsnip instead you will be pretty close to the Veganomicon recipe.

I love making curries like this that keep so well in the fridge for a few days.  So great to have such a healthy, delicious lunch to take to work the next day!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Excellent! Ive been looking for recipes for the cauliflower I've got leftover from my soup. Your recommendation means this is the one.