Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Day 6 - Lentil Patties and Veggies Galore

It is so easy to chop up some veggies and throw in the microwave.  Add a couple of spuds in their jackets and lentil patties and you have a quick, easy, healthy, well-balanced dinner.


We had whole-grain mustard on the side.  And of course margarine (Nutelex is my favorite) and salt on the spuds.  I also had a little tomato sauce on my spuds in true Aussie style. 

The lentil patties were convenience food from the freezer.  I always keep a box of something like this in the freezer for emergencies. 



I have a fabulous recipe for lentil patties (by the wonderful Mrs Alison Holst) and I am not sure why I have not bothered to make them for a while.  Will put that on my to-do list.  And of course I will share the recipe with you.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

thanks for stopping by my blog, as a veggie myself, I didn't know about these lentil patties till now, I'm going to have to get some! Looks yum. Nutelex is a favourite of mine too

Mandy said...

Hi Erica,
Hope you like the lentil patties. Most supermarkets stock these, along with a few other Sanitarium veggie products, as least in Perth they do.
It is so nice that going veggie does not have to be a lot of hard work these days.