Friday, September 9, 2011

Day 8 - Nando's Veggie Burgers

Time got away from me yesterday and so I ordered take-away for dinner.

Or was it:
I have had a couple of stressful things to deal with this week and felt like some comfort food so I ordered take-away for dinner.

Or maybe it was just: 
I was feeling pre-menstrual and indulgent, and I can do what ever I damn well like, so I ordered take-away for dinner.

Whatever the reason we had take-away last night.  I didn't even check to see if the Veggie burgers were vegan.  I am only a vegan apprentice after all.  So please don't judge me.   :)


We got the seriously-large chips.  And yes, we did eat them all thank-you.  Quite a few of them in the car on the way home.



That's the nice thing about being human - it is ok to not be perfect (or anywhere close to it in fact).

So what do you do when you need some cheering up or are just feeling a little self-indulgent?

3 comments:

Maureen said...

I think that this is a very healthy way to be. Balance and sanity. Glad you enjoyed it and I hope everything that was stressing you our has calmed down. I heart Nando's btw.

Mandy said...

Thanks :)
And yes, stress is nicely back under the "I feel overwhelmed" threshold.

Anonymous said...

Im a Veggie from birth, I used to love the nandos veggie burger until I watched them cook it....Nandos do a veggie burger and veggie pitta, as well as salads.
The nandos veggie burger is cooked on the grill with the meat, it is covered in chicken bits and cannot be called veggie or vegan. the salad has grilled green beans also cooked with the meat and the other salad has parmesan cheese.
so the answer is really NO, nandos do not do ANY veggie food.

I challenged the nando manager who told me that its company policy and in line with training to cook the everything on the same grill... 'contrary to what the menu says'...
avoid nandos if your veggie!
Nandos UK customer care number is 0800 975 8181
ALL THEY HAVE TO DO IS COOK THEM WITH THE FRIES!!!